what do I need to build wxWidgets?

maHo lukaszmach at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 14:53:43 CET 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:41:24 +0100, wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 01:51:37AM -0800, maHo wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:29:09 +0100, wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org> wrote:
> > [ciach]

> > > where do you want to add this macro?
> > >

> > into the buildroot. aclocal is called with -I .
> you want to generate m4 file in spec file?

  yes. I'm not an expert of autotools, but I think it's quite good solution.

> is it possible to build wxWidgets 2.5.3 with gtk 1.x at all?

  probably not, but to build configure.ac, autoconf requires AM_PATH_GTK.
  If you're running ./configure bundled with package, there is no
problem: configure is already built, you have no gtk1 and configure
will detect it. But if we're doing it in PLD way: regenerate configure
and makefiles from *.am/*.ac, we need that macro.

 so we need to have gtk1-devel installed (which is redundant, because
won't be used except this macro) or to have such trick applied.

regards

maHo