lib/lib64 and mono

Michal Moskal malekith at pld-linux.org
Mon Feb 21 15:04:29 CET 2005

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 01:48:24PM +0100, Michal Moskal wrote:
> I ask this because of mono. It by default puts its *.so/*.a/*.la files
> where it is told with --libdir.  And its OK. However it also installs
> /usr/lib/mono directory with .NET libraries (*.dll) and executables
> (*.exe). They are architecture independent. However in case you mono --aot
> them (for faster loading), you get foo.dll.so in addition to foo.dll,
> which clearly *is* architecture dependent. mono-install.patch makes
> /usr/lib/mono go to /usr/lib64/mono.

Mono developers accepted this patch, so /usr/lib64/mono will hopefully
no longer be PLD-specific[1]. Therefore this configuration is more likely
to work with third party packages.

> I propose to put mono directory in /usr/lib even on 64 bit systems.

So please disregard.

[1] I hope that the entire /usr/lib64 thing on amd64 isn't PLD-specific?

--
: Michal Moskal :: http://nemerle.org/~malekith/ :: GCS !tv h e>+++ b++
: You can't blame yourself for what gorillas did :: UL++++$ C++ E--- a?