New web site

Aredridel aredridel at nbtsc.org
Mon Jan 24 00:03:18 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 23:16 +0100, Lukasz [DeeJay1] Jernas wrote:
> Dnia Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:43:52 +0100 w e-mailu od Mariusz Mazur
> <mmazur at kernel.pl> przeczytano:
>
> > On niedziela 23 styczeń 2005 22:38, Aredridel wrote:
> >
> > > Any reason to put docs on docs.pld-linux.org and not the main site?
> > > It's easier to keep a wiki up-to-date than pages in CVS or SVN...
> >
> > You'd have to convince the guys that create those docs first :)
> > (yes, I fully agree with you on that)
>
> Ever tried to convert a wiki into a PDF document? Could be a difficult
> task IMO...

Not that bad ... if you can get HTML, you can go HTML -> PDF.

(I've written a wiki engine, a complex one, and have some idea how much
work it'd be.)

Depends on how the documentation is structured, too. If it's thousands
of tiny pages, painful to make PDFs. If it's well-structured ala
Wikipedia or WikiBooks, then not so hard.