SOURCES (AC-branch): bashrc - removed stty erase setting to `tput ...

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Sun Jul 3 12:33:38 CEST 2005

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005, Michal Kochanowicz wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 11:10:27PM +0200, Jan Rekorajski wrote:
> > My proposal is for us to stop being so uber-smart and just revert to
> > defaults. Kill all those s/xterm/xterm-color/ and s/xterm/we-know-better/
> > patches and just stick to TERM=xterm like the rest of the world.
>
> Two questions:
> 1. Does terminfo contain information wheter terminal support colors or
>    not?
> 2. Does terminfo entry for "xterm" states (everywhere) that it can
>    provide color output?

'colors', which in old xterm definition was not set at all, and it's set
to #8 in new xterm. IMO it's why some programs didn't display colors in
xterm few years ago and they do now.

> Third question:
> 3. WTF backspace doesnt work... "" ;(

I guess you upgraded terminfo but not X11.

Janek
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?