SPECS: makewhatis.spec (NEW) - added - linux port of FreeBSD makew...

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Sat Jul 9 13:10:43 CEST 2005

On Saturday 09 of July 2005 12:55, Fryderyk Dziarmagowski wrote:
> > Huh? We follow author versioning unless these are snapshots where in this
> > case these aren't snapshots it seems.
>
> such versioning gives 'snapshot' feeling for me and confuses users with
> not human readable package names like makemesick-2006.06.06.01.
Doesn't matter. It's author choosen versioning. What do you propose? Choose
random pld versioning of such package? How compare pld version with author
version then?

Force author to change versioning schema is the solution, not introducing own
versioning for pld.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/