SPECS: makewhatis.spec (NEW) - added - linux port of FreeBSD makew...

Tomasz Wittner twittner at o2.pl
Sat Jul 9 16:17:23 CEST 2005

On Sat 9. of July 2005 12:26, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Saturday 09 of July 2005 11:15, Fryderyk Dziarmagowski wrote:
> > On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 10:46:15 +0200
> > Tomasz Wittner <twittner at o2.pl> wrote:

> > your versioning is your personal problem. but in PLD you _must_ follow
> > PLD's versioning schema (already pointed by Patrys).
No comment - I have a good laugh.
> Huh? We follow author versioning unless these are snapshots where in this
case
> these aren't snapshots it seems.
Yes, it isn't snapshot. I make tarball after finishing and testing my work not
in the half way. Now, I agree, my versioning schema may leads people to
confusion - this thread shows that, but I found such versioning convenient
for me - I needn't hesitate when and why one version should be 0.3.4 and next
1.2.5 - version is generated from `date '+%Y.%m.%d'` by my private release.sh
script. You can see rcorder.spec (another my rework) and pure-config - they
have similar versioning schema. Finally, I don't force people to using these
programs.

--
Tomasz Wittner