Firebird, {u,g}id != 145

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Thu Jul 28 15:26:18 CEST 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 15:57, maHo wrote:
> On 7/28/05, Elan Ruusamäe <glen at delfi.ee> wrote:
> [ciach]
>
> > > And question, in what packages are the macros defined?
> >
> > rpm-build. but there's nothing wrong with the macros.
> >
> > what is your 'id firebird'
> > and 'getgid firebird' output
> >
> > i believe they are wrong (not 145, as defined in spec)
>
>    Indeed, they are wrong. On one machine it's u:1001 g:1001, on other
> it's 1003/1001, so I believe it's assigned as first free number.
well, if you use PLD then you must use the uid/gid rpm packages tell you to.
and you should not create the users by yourself.

so either userdel/groupdel prior package install,

or you can go the way package suggested you: "fix it" || die

groupmod -g 145 firebird
usermod -u 145 -g 145 firebird

if you still believe the macros did it wrong, please paste output from
rpm -qp --scripts firebird*.rpm

--
glen