[ml@andreas-silberstorff.de: Kalva 0.6.1 vs 0.7.0]

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Thu Jul 28 19:02:31 CEST 2005

Anybody interested?

----- Forwarded message from Andreas Silberstorff <ml at andreas-silberstorff.de> -----

Hi.
I just want to let you know that a new release is in the queue probably for next weekend ( http://www.andreas-silberstorff.de/ktvapp/#news ).

Googling a little I found you struggled painly with packaging Kalva 0.6.1 for pld. I don't know about pld but maybe I can help eliminating the compiler issue. Maybe only the --prefix=/path/to/kde/on/PLD is missing.

You shouldn'd package 0.6.1, that release had a nasty bug and could not record scheduled movies if the option to show the command was activated. I posted 0.6.2 some hours later. Sorry that I did not announce that on kde-announce.
As kalva is ansi cpp conform since 0.6.1 you shouldn'd have problems. But I know of at least someone who didn't succeed on a mandriva 10.1 as well. Guess the buildsystem of kde < 3.3 is problematic though the source in it self should be compilable on kde 3.2. What gcc is pld using? Is unsermake from the kde build system included? I also have the suspicion that some automake versions make problems. You may mail the output of the build process to me.
I Hope the issue can be cleared.
Will you submit the specfile to kde-svn when it functions? I have mine for SuSE 9.3 under trunk/playground/multimedia/kalva/rpmspecs/kalva-suse.spec.
Also interesting might be that the pot template did arrive under i10n/templates/playground-multimedia/kalva.pot lately.
Greetings,
Andreas

----- End forwarded message -----

--