rpm macros as separate package?

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Sun Jun 19 19:46:32 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 21:14, Tomasz Wittner wrote:
> On Sun 12. of June 2005 18:08, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > what about splitting rpm.macros to separate package, to avoid building
> > and installing whole rpm.spec?
> >
> > this also avoids need to have AC-branch branch and HEAD for duplication.
>
> Yes, I agree with you and I think if no one posted any reservations within
> 48 hours all the more you are allowed to do it.
created rpm-macros.spec.
comments and improvements welcome.

i'm not sure how it's going to work out :)

but indeed, if not duplicating the macros, the SOURCES/rpm.macros needs to be
split, leaving the rpm specific things into original rpm.macros and cvs cp
rpm.macros,v rpm-macros,v and then leaving in only the second portion of the
macros, ie which are independant of rpm version, which are just pld macros,
like %useradd/%groupadd/%gconf_schema_install

--
glen