SPECS: cvsweb.spec - FHS fix: cvsweb.cgi moved to %{_datadir}

Tomasz Wittner twittner at o2.pl
Sun Jun 19 23:22:46 CEST 2005

On Sun 19. of June 2005 21:35, glen wrote:
> Author: glen                         Date: Sun Jun 19 19:35:54 2005 GMT
> Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> ---- Log message:
> - FHS fix: cvsweb.cgi moved to %{_datadir}
I have some reservations about moving cgi script to /usr/share/....
Quoting from:
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRSHAREARCHITECTUREINDEPENDENTDATA
/usr/share : Architecture-independent data
Purpose

The /usr/share hierarchy is for all read-only architecture independent data
files.

IMO cgi script is not data file. On second thought IMO the best place for cgi
programs is %{_prefix}/lib/cgi-bin - both - binary and arch-independent
scripts.

--
Tomasz Wittner