freetype 2.1.7 is broken - 2.1.9 in AC

havner havner at smtp.kamp.pl
Wed Mar 16 09:33:26 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 08:19:47PM +0100, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 of March 2005 20:17, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
>
> > And some functions removed (related to font caching, which has been
> > replaced by slightly different implementation; they said that this
> > functionality was "not stable", although some programs were using it
> > already - and these programs require rebuild and/or patching to use
> > new implementation).
> Too bad - then we need to recompile stuff unless someone is willing to
> backport 2.1.8/9 fixes (which I think would be stupid).
>
> Unfortunately RM stays silent.

And what do you expect from me? To recompile half of the distribution
now? It took you 4 months to check 80 packages for mysql rebuild

poldek> rsearch -r /freetype\.so/
(...)
1207 package(s) found.

So don't be so smart now. We got the freetype for a long time and
appearently his weaknesses aren't that big to disturb rest of the users.

--
Regards    Havner                      {jid,mail}:havner(at)pld-linux.org
PLD developer && PLD 2.0 release manager         http://www.pld-linux.org