gid users=1000

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz ankry at green.mif.pg.gda.pl
Mon May 2 18:59:10 CEST 2005

Elan =?iso-8859-1?q?Ruusam=E4e?= wrote:
> any place to make the usermod to change users gid to 1000 (pld way)?
>
> %pre of setup?

I remember some discussion about it (pre Ra time) and then the conclusion
was it should be a separate tool/package, not required by anything in pure
PLD. As no PLD-based system does require such a tool...

I think it can be a tool that compares passwd/group with our uid/gid
database and changes (or not if admin decided so). It should be a smart
tool, changing also permisions on filesystems (so change sequence would be
VERY important), resolve conflicts, etc.

> it's 100 in redhat/fedora, and therefore useradd keeps saying error (and even
> in case -u and -g are used in useradd command)
>
> # useradd -u 666 -g 1 plah
> useradd: unknown gid 1000

groupadd -g 1000 grp1000

  Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz               ankry at mif.pg.gda.pl
  phone (48)(58) 347 14 61
Faculty of Applied Phys. & Math.,   Gdansk University of Technology