Anaconda

Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Tue May 3 21:42:44 CEST 2005

Hello, here's my call for help:

I am currently stuck with Anaconda and don't have enough time to do
proper debugging. Could anyone with more skills try to build an
installer using anaconda packages (complete building environment is
available for download in the "anaconda" module of our SVN repository).

I'll be glad if anyone provided me with more PLD-specific patches or at
least with some information or even a list of bugs to fix (like
incorrect paths or missing packages).

I know that there are graphics-related (gtk2, pango) packages missing
from the dependency list (located in upd-instroot script, part of
anaconda-runtime).

Building works as follows:
- checkout the anaconda module
- go to the RPMS directory
- download all the packages mentioned in the PACKAGES=" ... " in the
upd-instroot script
- verify the integrity using 'poldek -s . -V'
- run './mkinstaller.sh only buildinst' using root priviledges
- run ./mkinstaller.sh from your ordinary account and skip the second
step (which is done by the above and currently requires uid 0)
- use your favourite virtual machine to test the ISO
- provide me with feedback and (if possible) commit your changes to our
CVS and/or SVN repositories

Thanks for your help.

--
Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki <patrys at pld-linux.org>