Menus and ConsoleOnly category

Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Fri May 13 12:01:10 CEST 2005

An average user does not need menu entries for programs like bc, dc,
elinks, ftp, lftp, links, lsof, lynx, ncftp and other console apps.

The question is:

Should I split the /etc/xdg/menus from gnome-menus package into a
gnome-menus-filter-default subpackage and provide an alternative
gnome-menus-filter-noconsole subpackage that filters them out or should
I split said programs to have an optional APPNAME-X11 subpackage
including only the desktop files?

I want to make the menus more clean and usable.

No flaming needed. I want serious comments and ideas. No, suggesting
that your desktop environment is better won't help nor make your penis
any larger.

--
Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki <patrys at pld-linux.org>