SPECS (DEVEL): php4.spec - problematic mm and recode moved to per ...

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Thu May 26 07:35:55 CEST 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 08:19, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 06:40:54AM +0200, glen wrote:
> > Author: glen                         Date: Thu May 26 04:40:54 2005 GMT
> > Module: SPECS                         Tag: DEVEL
> > ---- Log message:
> > - problematic mm and recode moved to per sapi conf
>
> Is recode still problematic?
> It works in php 5+apache 2 now, so maybe it works in php 4+apache 2 too?
don't know. i don't use it, don't know what problem it had, but it compiles so
perhaps it's working now.

but i don't know what to do with mm, it can't be compiled with threads
(enable-experimental-zts) and without zts can't build the both apache sapis
in one run (working on that on DEVEL).

drop it? as PLD head uses apache2 and for apache2 it's disabled anyway (in
current php4 in HEAD)

ah yes, somebody don't want to give try on the work i've done?
currently the php4 package is gone, and apache-mod_php4 and apache1-mod_php4
are provided, they obsolete the old php4 package and provide  the php4 = EVR.

it works for me using apache1 and apache2, but i'm not using all the modules
so there could be still some problems (maybe) for apache2 because the
libcommon is output of --with-apxs1 compilation.

also the current build process does ./configure && make for every sapi, but
i'm not sure at all is it needed. maybe just run ./configure && make
sapi/SAPINAME and full configure && make for apxs1 (which was chosen to build
the libcommon and modules)

--
glen