new-cpan.sh, pldcpan and pure_install

Bartek Jakubski b.jakubski at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 20:20:35 CET 2005

Large part of new-cpan.sh script is unnecessary - pldcpan handles tar.gz
archives just fine (and inserts md5 sums too). Using pure_install
instead of install is trivial to change in pldcpan (spec template is at
the end of pldcpan file).

The remaining functionality seems to be accepting module name or URL on
command line (instead of just filename) and cpan2rpm is used for that.
But is this functionality so important to leave new-cpan.sh in SPECS?
(not to mention that I will probably implement something like that in
pldcpan).

I also have some other pending changes to pldcpan - radek: can
I commit freely or you want to review them before?

Talking about pure_install - if really we should use it then I guess
that there should be a mass commmit made among perl-* specs?

--
-- .- Bartek Jakubski ------- JabberID: migo at histeria.pl -. --
-- |   Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price    | --