Webservers other than apache (1) and php (2)

Michał Łukaszek prism at hornet.eu.org
Sat Nov 19 17:46:56 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm currently using lighttpd. Is there any reason, why this creates a lighttpd
group instead of http (like apache)? Currently, to get things working you
must either add lighttpd user to the http group (if it exists) or chown
everything that wants to be owned by http group to lighttpd.

The other thing - lighttpd uses php-fcgi. Why does't this package provide
'php'? Currently, to install e.g. phpPgAdmin (which requires php) one must
use --nodeps. Can't apache[1]-mod_php[4], php-fcgi, php-cli, php-cgi,
php-program or anything we have there to interpret php code provide 'php'?

--
pozdrawiam,
prism (Michał Łukaszek)