SPECS: mplayer.spec - this was not the first time useless epoch bu...

Paweł Sakowski saq at pld-linux.org
Mon Sep 5 23:00:51 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 22:39 +0200, glen wrote:
> +# DO NOT increase epoch unless it's really neccessary!
> +# especially such changes like pre7->pre7try2, increase Release instead!

OK, my bad, but no need to shout in the spec (that's what pld-devel is
for ;) .

And this note isn't really mplayer-specific. For any package with
version X release Y.betaZ.W, the Y digit (usually 0) can be bumped up to
overcome non-arithmetic betaZ behavior. Bumping epoch stays applicable
weird versioning in the X part.

(yes, that's no news, just for the archives)

> +# PS: $ rpmvercmp pre7try2 pre7
> +# pre7try2 > pre7

[saq at neptune SPECS]$ rpmvercmp 1.0-1.pre7.1 1.0-1.pre7try2.1
1.0-1.pre7.1 > 1.0-1.pre7try2.1

--
Paweł Sakowski <saq at pld-linux.org>
PLD Linux Distribution