cvs vs svn...

Paweł Sakowski saq at pld-linux.org
Wed Sep 7 18:01:30 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 10:20 +0100, wrobell wrote:
> - atomic commit (so we can commit patches and specs with one move
>   and revert it easily later if there is a need)

A propos reverting.

One thing that we use (need?) and svn lacks is support for $Log$. So, we
would be missing autogenerated %changelog. However, I personally would
be happy to get rid of it, because:

- it only reflects commits to the spec, not to the patches (and seeing
that the only difference between two releases is "rel up" is confusing
and doesn't help one bit)
- it makes it impossible to revert by `cvs up -j` (you lose changelog
entries)

The question is: is there anyone who uses/needs `rpm -q --changelog`
and/or wants/needs to have the changelog available offline? I would be
happy with `svn log` to see the changelog.

--
Paweł Sakowski <saq at pld-linux.org>
PLD Linux Distribution