cvs vs svn... (Re: SOURCES: ghostscript-afpl-am.patch (NEW), ghostscript-afpl-ijs_pkg...)

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Sat Sep 10 12:48:35 CEST 2005

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> svn: see how creating diff between release and branch of kdebase package is:
> svn diff svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/tags/KDE/3.4.2/kdebase \
> svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.4/kdebase \
> > kdebase-branch.diff
> _without_ having anything beside svn client locally

Side note about command line - it's what pisses me the most in svn, the
requirement to type whole long URLs. I don't need to know them, it's the
scm job to remember root dir for a repository/module.
With cvs I just do 'cvs up -r TAG file', with svn I have to type a
fscking loooong, exact, URL, which just hinders and slows the work down.
A lot.

Janek
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?