cvs vs svn...

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sat Sep 10 16:00:53 CEST 2005

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 14:27:38 +0200, Paweł Sakowski wrote:

> > cvs ci SPECS/foo.spec SOURCES/foo.patch
> >
> > worse than the same in svn?
>
> Because it won't work with cvs unless you add -d$(cat SPECS/CVS/Root) :P

It will. It would require putting SOURCES and SPECS into higher level
repo. Just like in:

~/cvs/mplayer: cvs log libdha/config.h mp3lib/dct64.c | wc -l
69

> BTW, that's another reason for directory-per-package. With SPECS/SOURCES
> there's no straightforward way to make sure that you're committing
> everything you've changed.

Indeed. But my zsh tells me which files has been modified after i press
tab having 'cvs ci' on command line.

--
GoTaR <priv0.onet.pl->gotar>        http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/
                                    http://tccs.sourceforge.net/