SPECS: setup.spec - shouldn't the trigger be static program, as se...

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Fri Sep 16 21:06:04 CEST 2005

On Friday 16 September 2005 21:44, Przemek Iskra wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 08:30:32PM +0200, glen wrote:
> > Author: glen                         Date: Fri Sep 16 18:30:32 2005 GMT
> > Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - shouldn't the trigger be static program, as setup is installed as
> > very first thing to system? (chick-egg race?)
>
> you're right, but how should it be done ?
> I have no idea how to do it the right way :/
first describe what that trigger supposed  to do :)

but, as it's a trigger on same package, i guess situation, when it gets ran is
really an functional system, ie the upgrade.

i doubt you have system with only old setup installed and then you upgrade and
the trigger gets fired.

but otherways, you should compile static-c program to do the job, but also you
could do inline lua scripting i believe?

%triggerpostin -p <lua>
LUA SCRIPTING LANGUAGE HERE.

i don't know lua, i only know it's possible, as i had similiar situation with
glibc package :)

--
glen