sending build requests for th, a proposal of rules

wrobell wrobell at pld-linux.org
Thu Apr 13 10:02:18 CEST 2006

hello,

th is quite usable for some of us now, so what about
such two rules?

1. if you send something to th builders, then it should
   build on all archs. this means that if package building
   fails on one of the builders, then it is sender responsibility
   to fix this before sending another request.

   if you are not able to fix something, then tell about it on the list,
   so we can work together to fix the problem.

2. if you want to send a package to builders, then _build_ and _run_ it
   on your machine first. this means, that if soname changes then
   it is sender responsibility to rebuild or other dependant packages.

   if you have no time for soname play, then don't send a request to
   builders. if you are in middle of the process and your cat needs
   you, then ask other developer to finish the job.

   if it involves a lot of time (i.e. openssl), then tell people on
   the list about it.

of course, this is only a proposal. i think that such rules could
improve stability of system for testers. then, maybe we could
gain more people to test pld th.

regards,

  wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org>