SOURCES: rpm-macros.patch - --as-needed by default

sparky at ep09.pld-linux.org sparky at ep09.pld-linux.org
Tue Aug 1 03:40:38 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 08:28:24AM +0200, Fryderyk Dziarmagowski wrote:

> I think adding to a broken package '%define no_build_with_as_needed 1'
> instead of enabling it per package makes sense (after adding
> LDFLAGS="%{rpmldflags} -Wl,--as-needed" to 117 packages with only 3
> build fails and suggestions from other developers to enable globally)

because you was adding them to packages using correct ac/am, and no
libtinfo related things

rather than adding '%define no_build_with_as_needed 1' maybe you
should try to fix those packages ?
i already know how to fix most of them, and if someone asks i can
describe the process

and i've got a question too, how can i check does executable has all
required symbols without executing it ? and shared library ?

--
 ____  Sparky{PI] -- Przemyslaw _  ___  _  _  ........... LANG...Pl..Ca..Es..En
/____) ___  ___  _ _ || Iskra  |  | _ \| |  | : WWW........ppcrcd.pld-linux.org