certs directory

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Feb 21 21:51:13 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 04:14:18PM +0100, Marcin Sztolcman wrote:
> Dnia 20-02-2006, pon o godzinie 12:38 +0100, Marcin Król napisał(a):
>
> > I assume all certs should go there then? Those from apache for
> example.
> > And should they be stored directly in this direcotry or in some
> > subdirectories?
>
> I'm not an developer, but imo they sould be in subdirectories, like:
> jabber, httpd etc. Jabberd2 can use one cert for c2s, another for s2s
> etc.

Some people would like to use one certificate for all services on the
host, other several certificates per service and many others different
combination of that. Certificates provided by a distribution are quite
useless, so I would suggest to leave certificate management to the
system administrator. We could just provide a directory and suggest
configuration pointing to that directory (even to not existing files).
SSL is for security and if admin wants security he has to configure it
by himself.

Greets,
        Jacek