SOURCES: mediawiki-confdir2.patch - changed the path to LocalSetti...

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Wed Feb 22 23:09:38 CET 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 23:54, Michal Chruszcz wrote:
> It seems like Elan Ruusamäe typed:
> > umm
> >
> > afaik the /etc/webapps/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php is always created by
> > rpm. so this patch makes the setup unusable.
>
> Does it really? I was upgrading earlier and such file wasn't created.
ok. i must have confused with some other package, (hell there are *a lot* of
webapps packages, and none of they have been written "good")

# rpm -qf /etc/webapps/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php
file /etc/webapps/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php is not owned by any package
# q mediawiki{,-setup}
mediawiki-1.5.6-1.i686
mediawiki-setup-1.5.6-1.i686

> # rpm -q rpm
> rpm-4.4.2-28
*rpm* version doesn't matter ;)

> > the logic was that you configure the setup, and then manually copy the
> > LocalSettngs it creates to webapps dir.
> >
> > indeed the code could be improved to check for filesize=0 instead (what
> > rpm packages)
>
> Well, this behaviour is logical, but only if such file is created. In my
> case this didn't happen. That's why I submitted the change. However, if it
> happened only at my machine, I could add the checking of filesize.

maybe such scenario:
1. /etc/webpapps/mediawiki is 751,root,http
2. /etc/webapps/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php is 0 byte %confg(noreplace) %attr
(640,root,http)
3. if setup is installed  it's chmod 660, if removed chmod back to 640 in
%scripts
4. setup checks the filesize>0
5. setup writes directly to /etc/webpapps/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php
6. chmod magic on /etc/webapps/mediawiki/ %dir in setup package is removed

--
glen