upgrade apache to 2.2

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Wed Jan 4 14:20:55 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 01:11:23PM +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> there is (%trigger), but it failed because [1]. and it can't be fixed (by
> adding conflicts) because apache < 2.0.55-2.2 matches apache1 package.

What all these packages are doing in Ac!? I'd got working configuration,
need to get only one php module (php-dom). And some %!@#$% makes me
upgrade it the way, which is even barely acceptable in distro change.

> it was Ac freeze, not release, that means no major upgrades anymore. and this
> is perfect time to fix everything.

So tell me - how long do you think will take fixing? During this time
from where can anyone take PHP support (like additional modules)?

> > Thanks a lot for a really good job!
> thanks. you probably have no idea how much time was spent on fixing things.

First of all - such transition SHOULD NEVER be done during distro
closing. And it cannot be done on HEAD/stable branches and put into main
package source.

Well, nevermind. I'm upgrading it for 4 hours now, 2-3 more and I'll
finish, so there's no point in keeping this thread alive.

--
Tom Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>           http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/
                                         http://tccs.sourceforge.net/