udev

Fryderyk Dziarmagowski freetz at gmx.net
Thu Jan 5 12:26:14 CET 2006

--- "Elan Ruusamäe" <glen at delfi.ee> wrote:

> > > it's empty because /sbin/start_udev just created tmpfs on /dev. and it's
> > > hunging in udevstart process.
> >
> > Maybe just add mknod stuff in start_udev to always have null and console
> > entries there?
> seems like great idea.

No, it doesn't. that's a udev job to create /dev/{console,null} after
tmpfs is mounted.

[...]

Could you remove:
[ -x /sbin/start_udev ] && run_cmd "Starting udev" /sbin/start_udev
from rc.sysinit and replace it with plain:
/sbin/start_udev
and test it again without creating of any new nodes manually?

--
Fryderyk Dziarmagowski
"Please, just tell people to use KDE." - Linus @ GNOME Usability ml