horde-imp requirements

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Wed Jun 21 23:24:00 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 22:08, Paweł Gołaszewski wrote:

> > > And apache-mod_dir+apache-mod_alias. Ok, I suppose that horde can also
> > > be used with other http servers but those packages were clearly
> > > missing after trying to install horde-imp/apache with poldek. Lack of
> > > the first one caused apache to complain about unknown directives in
> > > config file, lack of the other 2 made it impossible to properly run
> > > horde.
> >
> > the problem is that 'Allow from all' directive is provided by:
> > - mod_auth for apache 1.3 and apache 2.0
> > - mod_authz_host by apache 2.2
> > (- mod_access by lighttpd)
> >
> > and there's no clear way how to require such multiple matched 'virtual'
> > without breaking webserver independency.
>
> Why?
> There is easy way for that.
if it's easy what it would be then. say something. or do it?

> You can simply provide and require httpd(something) feature. It'll solve
> every such problems...
and what would be the pattern making that something?
there are equivalents, but not directly same commands in different webserver.
what if the directive matches partially?

or just assume that some basic directives are needed to support and implement
virtuals for:
- access control
 - "Allow from all" (apache>2.2(mod_authz_host), apache<2.2(mod_auth),
lighttpd(mod_access)
 - "require user foo" (apache<2.2(mod_auth), apache>2.2(mod_authz_(xxx|xxxy)),
lighttpd(mod_auth))
- directory indexfile (apache(mod_dir), lighttpd(mod_indexfile))

and define them as webserver(a[ccess-]c[ontro]l), webserver(auth[orization]),
webserver(dir[ectory]index) ?

i'm sorry if i'm not understandable today ;)

--
glen