PLD is not for non-Poles

Dirk Ullrich dirk.ullrich at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 26 12:53:10 CEST 2006

Hi, PLD-developers,

I'm a longstanding Debian user, but I thought it would be a good idea
to broaden my Linux knowledge a bit. Thus I was looking for an
RPM-based Linux distribution and and came across PLD. In my opinion
PLD is by far the most interesting RPM-based distribution. But there is
a big grain of salt for somebody like me not being able to understand
Polish: It seems the nearly all interesting communication is done in
Polish. That's a pitty since this fact prevents me from becoming an
active member of the PLD community.
Although you state at PLD's main web page that the "P" in "PLD" does
not stand in for "Polish" or something alike it should to properly
characterize PLD. Of course I would much prefer to see PLD switching
to a 'truly internationalized' development (and user) model. But I'm
afraid that this would not happen soon.

It's a great pity since I have now to look for another, less interesting
RPM-based distribution.

Dirk Ullrich