SPECS: python-django.spec - we don't insert .py files into package...

Michal Chruszcz troll at pld-linux.org
Thu May 18 11:47:05 CEST 2006

It seems like on Monday 15 May 2006 12:23, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz typed:
> On Monday 15 May 2006 12:05, troll wrote:
> > Author: troll                        Date: Mon May 15 10:05:48 2006 GMT
> > Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - we don't insert .py files into packages
>
> We shoudln't avoid them in Th. I so often need to check py sources that
> it's a nightmare when not having them.

It appears there is actually a problem after removing .py files, but of a
different matter.
django-admin.py when called with startproject argument creates basic
directory structure and copies all the required template files adjusting
them a bit. However when there is not any .py (only .py{c,o}, which are
useless at that very moment) files it crashes. In fact it should crash,
since these .py files are now a part of a new project/app.
Summarizing, we need these files included, because now we are lacking
templates, which are a part of django's functionality.
The solution I propose is to keep removing all the .py files, but those
in /usr/share/python2.4/site-packages/django/conf/project_template, where
are stored these templates. Is this correct?
--
Michal Chruszcz -=- Seen at http://1lo.sanok.pl/~troll/gallery/
Meet Jacek: http://photoblog.be/jacek