SPECS: logrotate.spec - R gzip, as default config specifies it, an...

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Tue May 30 01:29:01 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 01:08, Paweł Gołaszewski wrote:
> On Mon, 29 May 2006, glen wrote:
> > Author: glen                         Date: Mon May 29 19:39:30 2006 GMT
> > Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - R gzip, as default config specifies it, and missing compressprog
> > silently discards original logs!
>
> It should be considered as real bug. And mentioned with BIG FAT WARNING in
> spec, at least. If we'll change program for logrotate in future it can
> come back.
actually i'm not sure does it discard them silently as i don't have any mail
prog on that vserver :), but indeed the files were truncated (0 byte gz
files), rather the rotation being skipped.

but agree it's damn ugly bug. i looked the code and there's no check what
execvlp of child returns

logrotate authority is redhat? so the bug should be filed to
bugzilla.redhat.com?

--
glen