SPECS: webalizer.spec - -base instead of -cron as suggested by blu...

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Wed Nov 1 14:47:54 CET 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 02:04:39PM +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> there also exists schema -progs in PLD (libxml2, libxsl, putty, gd), where are
> only programs for application (or library).

It depends what is the main purpose of package.
If sth is mainly library, the main package should contain library and
some optional programs can be placed in subpackage (-progs, sometimes
-utils or -tools; I don't even remember which one was chosen as
"standard" last time...). "libxml-libs" would look somewhat funny ;)

> > > In this case: everything what was present in package until now.
> > > In general: standard solution from distribution. If someone doesn't like
> > > it - there is base (or basic) package for those who want to prepare
> > > everything on their way.
> >
> > OK (for already existing packages).
> will it stay this way (-base) or goes with the  -cron?

As previous ftp versions of webalizer contained cron job in main
package, let it stay with -base.

For new packages, if cron job is optional addon (not essential part of
functionality), I would place it in -cron subpackage.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.cs.net.pl/