RFC: Macro for building modules

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Tue Nov 7 21:52:51 CET 2006

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 21:46, sparky at pld-linux.org wrote:
> > > cat > pld-module.patch <<'EOF'
> >
> > perhaps name it with .sh extension?
>
> I knew pld-module.patch won't be the best name just after it came to my
> mind, changed.
just another idea, could use optional <<EOF for "patching section"

%build_kernel_module -m foo <<EOF
some scripting around here
EOF

something similar that %banner does.

hint: 'cat somescript.sh | sh' invokes 'somescript.sh'

> What I don't understand is why %{error: blabla} does not stop building,
> it's just displayed at the beginning.

i once asked the same from jbj, he replied me with a patch. i didn't apply it
that time. but the similar patch is taken (attached) from openpkg.

oh, and don't use %Opts, it could conflict with spec macros.
(hint: %__build_kernel_module_opts)

--
glen