unwanted LDFLAGS propagation

Przemyslaw Iskra sparky at pld-linux.org
Sat Nov 25 16:54:59 CET 2006

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 02:38:48PM +0100, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
> We stopped experiencing such problems since dropping "-s" from
> rpmldflags, but now it hits again:
>
> $ mysql_config --libs
> -Wl,--as-needed -L/usr/lib -lmysqlclient -lz -lm -L/usr/lib -lssl -lcrypto
>
> $ pg_config --ldflags
> -Wl,--as-needed
>
> ...and so on.

Well, I've got some *-config and I've found "-Wl,--as-needed" string in
only one of them: nspr, which does not display it anyway.

> It shouldn't be propagated by all *-config scripts --{libs,ldflags}
> options.

Of source it shouldn't, but I see no general solution for it, those
*-config files may be shell code, python, C binary and probably more
kind of things. So, each of them has to be treated separately.

--
 ____  Sparky{PI] -- Przemyslaw _  ___  _  _  ........... LANG...Pl..Ca..Es..En
/____) ___  ___  _ _ || Iskra  |  | _ \| |  | : WWW........ppcrcd.pld-linux.org