[th/rpm] R: libtool(*.la) - good or bad

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Sun Nov 26 21:50:27 CET 2006

On Saturday 25 November 2006 00:35, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Saturday 25 November 2006 00:10, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 November 2006 22:26, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> >
> > http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SOURCES/file-offset.patch?rev=1.1
>
> More hacky but better :)
> http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SOURCES/file-offset.patch?rev=1.2

Of course there are still problems.

 libdb.la symlink to real file libdb-4.5.la

Now other packages get R: libtool(libdb.la) but nothing provides it since it's
not detected.

Wouldn't be it better to generate Requires: /usr/lib/file.la instead of
libtool(/usr/lib/file.la) ? That way we wouldn't need to rebuild all packages
containing .la files.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team