vim languages

Mariusz Mazur mmazur at kernel.pl
Mon Aug 6 17:42:33 CEST 2007

Dnia niedziela, 5 sierpnia 2007, wrobell napisał:
> speaking about ruby/python/tcl/perl support in vim.
>
> i would like to switch off above languages support by default
> (as it was almost always before, excluding perl for some reasons).
>
> if one needs support for specific language, then please create new
> subpackage (i.e. vim-python).
>
> the reason is that i doubt that any of us writes scripts in *all*
> above languages for vim. but if one really needs all of them, then
> please create vim-lang-all (or something).
>
> any comments?

The basic packages should be 'low reqs' and 'high reqs' (which translates
to -- no langs and all langs). Anything in between should be left to ppl
directly interested.

I'm not however sure whether calling it 'vim-lang-all' is the right choice. It
sounds kind of counterintuitive. The whole 'vim-lang' also sounds too far
fetched -- I seriously doubt anyone's going to actually create
those 'vim-langs', so imho it'll be better to call the full version vim-full,
vim-loaded, or 'vim-whatever'. (Anyone got any bright ideas?)

--
Judge others by their intentions and yourself by your results.
                                                                 Guy Kawasaki