Fwd: SPECS: kernel-desktop.spec - add P: kernel(netfilter) back (iptabl...

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Wed Dec 26 16:11:40 CET 2007

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 01:04:35 +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> imho we should drop those kernel() namespace provides/requires everywhere.
> comments?
[...]
> - add P: kernel(netfilter) back (iptables uses it)

1. having or not installed PLD kernel doesn't mean if it is running,
2. iptables works with custom kernel if it's recent enough.

However someone using PLD kernel may benefit from this P, so I suggest
just changing R: to S: in iptables (and other packages if any exist),
leaving kernel P: intact (apart from removing nf_hipac - we don't
support it for a very long time).
Making kernel to work with userspace is the same PLD-way in iptables
case as in glibc which won't even run on archaic kernel.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>