utf-8 encoding in specs

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sun Feb 18 13:22:22 CET 2007

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 02:08:32PM +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> > And how should it work? Because it does not.
> utf-8 is before iso8859-2:

So? fileencoding!=encoding It's all in the docs.

> > set fileencodings=ucs-bom,utf-8,iso-8859-2,latin1
>
> works here with and without those lines, dunno why. my terminal and LC_ALL is
> utf8 locale maybe because of that

Yes, exactly:

http://www.vim.org/htmldoc/options.html#'encoding'

"string (default: "latin1" or value from $LANG)"
"It sets the kind of characters which Vim can work with."
"It may cause multi-byte text to become invalid."
"Normally 'encoding' will be equal to your current locale."

etc. That's why I want encoding vim-line in specs.

--
Tom Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>           http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/
                                         http://tccs.sourceforge.net/