ERRORS: openvpn.spec

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz ankry at green.mif.pg.gda.pl
Sun Feb 25 17:48:00 CET 2007

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> It's not builder script fault. It's rpm fault.

Maybe, we should fix rpm... Any volunteer ? ;P

> $ rpmbuild --define "prep %dump" openvpn.spec 2>&1 | grep PACKAGE_VERSION
>  -1: PACKAGE_VERSION    2.0
>
> and that happens because there is subpackage with Version field in
> openvpn.spec.

However, the 1.380 builder handles this properly.
Was the "simulated interactivity" introduced because of this problem?
The 1.381 change broke it. I don't guess why.

> builder script could be probably hacked to use:
> [arekm at tarm ~/rpm/SPECS]$ rpm --specfile
> openvpn.spec -q --queryformat "PACKAGE_NAME=\"%{name}\"\nPACKAGE_VERSION=\"%{version}\"\nPACKAGE_RELEASE=\"%{release}\"\n"
> PACKAGE_NAME="openvpn"
> PACKAGE_VERSION="2.0.9"
[...]
> PACKAGE_NAME="easy-rsa"
> PACKAGE_VERSION="2.0"

AFAIK there were few packages with similar settings. By my memory may be
wrong...

  Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz                  ankry at mif.pg.gda.pl
  phone (48)(58) 347 14 61
Faculty of Applied Phys. & Math.,   Gdansk University of Technology