Ac soon to be closed

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Wed Feb 28 02:22:34 CET 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 February 2007, Marcin Król wrote:
> > EN:
> >
> > PLD 2.0 Ac main tree will be closed as soon as I'll take care of all
> > broken dependencies in it. If someone wants something in Ac main tree
> > this is the last chance. Once all deps will be fixed Ac main tree will be
> > locked and used for generating ISOs of Ac stable. I really would like to
> > have OpenOffice.org 2.1 in it before ISOs, but well, I'm not going to
> > wait forever.
>
> openoffice.org could be built if somebody would fix java problems on i586,
> i686, athlon builders. i wrote about it here some time ago, but no replies
> and nothing fixed either (all java-sun tools get LD error at some point).

appears that javac and friends had $ORIGIN in their RPATH [1] which somewhy
could not be resolved in builders environment. first i thought its
due /proc/self/exe not available due /proc not mounted, but the /proc is
mounted there.

i've modified java-sun package to have constant RPATH for those binaries

[1] $ chrpath -l javac
javac: RPATH=$ORIGIN/../lib/i386/jli:$ORIGIN/../jre/lib/i386/jli

--
glen