[Ac] AMD64 kernel oops with rootfs on reiserfs with quota

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Mon Jan 1 16:29:10 CET 2007

Hi,

I've tried:

2.6.16.29
2.6.16.32
2.6.16.35
2.6.16.36
2.6.18
grsecurity-2.6.16.32
grsecurity-2.6.16.35
grsecurity-2.6.18

from AC/ready/supported/test - all I've found. Every one of them oopses
on system boot while remounting,rw my reiserfs root partition with
quota_v2. The last working kernel I've used is grsecurity-2.6.14.7.

I was changing disk and partitions anyway, so now there is / on ext3
without quota, /home on ext3 with quota, and /var/cache/squid on
reiserfs without quota and everything works well. I could try to remount
reiserfs with quota and see if it breaks (I suppose mountpoint doesn't
matter) if someone is interested in tracing this bug.

--
Tom Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>           http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/
                                         http://tccs.sourceforge.net/