gcc-java vs java-sun-tools

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Tue Jan 2 15:49:43 CET 2007

There is a problem with gcc-java vs java-sun-tools. These packages are
conflicting on each other but tons of java specs require one or another. This
means that manual uninstalling/installing on builders is required.

I guess that the only one conflicting file is /usr/bin/jar - I'm thinking
about adding gcc-java-tools package with jar binary only but... it seems that
such subpackage was already there and was removed:

Revision 1.298  2005/05/11 21:20:15  pluto
- gcc-java-tools mreged into gcc-java.
  this package isn't common for every java implementation now.

The other solution would be putting Obsoletes without Conflicts in each
package so there would be no problems on builders (installation deps based
would work) ...

Any ideas how other distros deal with this problem?
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team