scripts: profile - QTDIR & QMAKESPEC killed especially setting Q...

Tomasz Wittner twittner at o2.pl
Wed Jan 17 22:31:17 CET 2007

On Wed 17. January 2007 00:42, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 January 2007 00:22, twittner wrote:
> > Author: twittner                     Date: Tue Jan 16 23:22:38 2007 GMT
> > Module: scripts                       Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - QTDIR & QMAKESPEC killed
> >   especially setting QMAKESPEC to /usr/share/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++
> >   is really inappropriate when qt-3.3.x and qt-4.x can exist together
>
> W qt4.spec IMO je warto czyścić przed budowaniem.
A translation attempt: IMO is worth to unset these (QTDIR, QMAKESPEC) in
qt4.spec before building.

My suggestion: by default, start building with completely cleaned environment,
then set only necessary env. variables [1]. Of course there should be
possibility to turn off cleaning & setting in rpm such environment (via rpm
macro).

[1] I remember that I was against such solution some time ago, but I wasted
plenty of time trying to build qt4 due to QMAKESPEC setting in my shell
environment.
--
Tomasz Wittner