scripts: profile - QTDIR & QMAKESPEC killed especially setting Q...

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Thu Jan 18 08:16:10 CET 2007

On czwartek, 18 stycznia 2007, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2007, at 12:58 AM, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> >> A translation attempt: IMO is worth to unset these (QTDIR,
> >> QMAKESPEC) in
> >> qt4.spec before building.
> >>
> >> My suggestion: by default, start building with completely cleaned
> >> environment, then set only necessary env. variables [1]. Of course
> >> there
> >> should be possibility to turn off cleaning & setting in rpm such
> >> environment (via rpm macro).
> >
> > Provide a patch then. jbj doesn't want to make that happen (env
> > cleaning) in
> > rpm by default :(
>
> *I* don't want to manage *YOUR* build environment variables, but you
> can easily add
>      unset QTDIR QMAKESPEC
> to %___build_pre.

My opinion is that rpm should enforce stable, always the same variables
enviroment for building packages. Depending on user enviroment settings sucks
badly. If some build process needs custom enviroment then it should be set in
spec file, not in some other place.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team