[Th] SMP for all!

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz ankry at green.mif.pg.gda.pl
Tue Jan 23 12:20:12 CET 2007

=?iso-8859-2?q?Rafa=B3_Cygnarowski?= wrote:

> Dnia wtorek, 23 stycznia 2007, Andrzej Krzysztofowicz napisał:
> > Yes.
> > I even know a person who is using one of them.
> > They are dumb and very useful for copying CDs protected by malformed CD
> > info.
>
> How do you think: persons with such hardwer need special kernel with extra
> patches? What about vanila-up kernels for those machines?

It does not matter what I think about this specific case.
We are talking about our policy rules.

Personally, I have no objections against using SMP kernel as a 686 default.
Unless there is something non-SMP for special cases.
But is there any advantage if still two kernels are maintained ?

  Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz                  ankry at mif.pg.gda.pl
  phone (48)(58) 347 14 61
Faculty of Applied Phys. & Math.,   Gdansk University of Technology