broken pl LC_TIME

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz ankry at green.mif.pg.gda.pl
Sun Jun 24 16:38:10 CEST 2007

Tomasz Pala wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 07:46:27PM +0200, Andrzej Krzysztofowicz wrote:
> >
> > BTW, it is not my intention to prove that "17 XII 1999" is the only valid
> > date format in pl. My intension is to prove that the statement claiming it
> > is invalid for 30 years is simply false.
>
> Not 'invalid' but archaic. Just like our past perfect tense.

Not archaic as used in modern sources.

> And that's not the case as you have noticed yourself - "17 XII 1999" is
> NUMERIC format for full date (day, mount, year). Do you understand such
> a sentence: "W Pn będziemy jechali"? I do. How about "Na wakacjach jest

Do you think "W nie będziemy jechali" is better?
But these are irrelevant. Let's concentrate on examples: which program uses
weekday/month abreviations in the way you mention?

  Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz                  ankry at mif.pg.gda.pl
  phone (48)(58) 347 19 36
Faculty of Applied Phys. & Math.,   Gdansk University of Technology