SPECS (DEVEL): gnome-utils.spec - floppy subpackage is back; updat...

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Tue Mar 6 21:00:24 CET 2007

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 March 2007 18:58:06 you wrote:
[...cut...]
> > -Requires:	gnome-vfs2 >= 2.16.2
> > -Requires:	libgnomeui >= 2.16.1
> > +Requires(post,preun):	GConf2
> > +Requires:	gnome-vfs2 >= 2.17.91
> > +Requires:	libgnomeui >= 2.17.92
> >  $Log$
> > +Revision 1.149.2.2  2007/03/06 16:58:00  megabajt
> > +- floppy subpackage is back; updated deps
> what is all behind that "updated deps" ????

He's doing The Right Thing.
You have no idea how much you can fsck gnome without updating all
the required libs. I have, I shoot mysefl in the foot many times by
having mismatched libs and apps.

> do you know how hard is later merge branches due large version mismatches
> between branches?

Sorry, life sucks but otherwise you can end up with broken packages in
distro.

Janek
--
Jan Rekorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?