[th] mc utf8

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Thu Mar 29 14:17:27 CEST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 03:20:43PM +0200, Jan Rekorajski wrote:

> Could you (or someone else) please elaborate as to what's wrong with
> this patch and what needs fixing?

~:  echo $LC_COLLATE
pl_PL
~:  cat asdasdddddddd
łżźćżź

this file was edited with mcedit from Th (it's not Ac issue! I took a
wrong diff, sorry again - in Ac utf8 is disabled by default). And it's
OK - editing works well. However viewer is broken and needs to be fixed,
here's copy&paste in ASCII mode:

B|z^|z

and in hex:

00000000 B3 BF BC E6 x BF BC 0A                         łżźćżź.

As you see hex is fine too. I don't know what is ASCII mode really
displaying, as true-UTF8 text are also weird:

Summary(pl.UTF-8):      Dia - program do tworzenia diagram^Bw

--
Tom Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>           http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/
                                         http://tccs.sourceforge.net/