SPECS: glib2.spec - separated -libs; rel 2

Przemyslaw Iskra sparky at pld-linux.org
Sat Mar 31 03:13:11 CEST 2007

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 10:48:52PM +0200, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 03:11:17PM +0100, glen wrote:
> > Author: glen                         Date: Sun Mar 18 14:11:17 2007
> > GMT
> > Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - separated -libs; rel 2
>
> Isn't it overkill?
> This way we'd end with *-libs in all lib* packages...
> And -libs subpackage in package which name suggests that it contains
> lib(s) looks weird.

/me agrees with qboosh.
Installing documentation and translations may be easyly disabled at
instalation time.
If it contained some utils I would suggest separate them to -tools, or
-utils subpackage. But this change was pointles.

Yet worse, now nothing will require glib2 package, it won't be installed
and many people will wonder why there are no translations in glib2.

IMO to be reverted.

--
 ____  Sparky{PI] -- Przemyslaw _  ___  _  _  ........... LANG...Pl..Ca..Es..En
/____) ___  ___  _ _ || Iskra  |  | _ \| |  | : WWW........ppcrcd.pld-linux.org